Passion fruit is one of many fruit varietals we grow on the Stepladder Ranch property and sell at select farmer's market locations in the Bay Area and Los Angeles areas.
We love the tangy yet sweet flavors in a passion fruit and enjoy using them in everything from margaritas to pulled pork sandwiches. Our friend @cheesejunkiejen from Instagram reached out with a recipe suggestion for lilikoi (aka passion fruit) vinaigrette and we must say, it's a keeper. The original recipe comes from My Lilikoi Kitchen.
This recipe for passion fruit vinaigrette is tangy, sweet and perfect for fall salads. Don't forget to add some fresh Chèvre goat cheese for an extra pop of flavor.
Makes about 3/4 cup
- 1/2 cup fresh lilikoi juice (press the pulp to extract the juice and separate from the remaining seeds)
- 1/4 cup canola oil (or avocado oil)
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons rice vinegar (not seasoned)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon finely minced shallot
- kosher salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a jar, shake well and enjoy!
The great part about salads is there are so many possibilities for toppings! Radishes, tomatoes, avocado, bell peppers and cucumbers are just a few of our suggestions.
**image from the My Lilikoi Kitchen blog