Cabrillo is a Manchego/Spanish style hard cheese created from a blend of goat and cow milk. It's named after the iconic Highway 1 (or Cabrillo Highway) that runs along the rugged California coastline minutes from our farmstead.
- Blend of goat's and cow's milk
- Vegetarian rennet
- Salt and cultures
- Aged for 5 months
- Buttery, creamy and nutty flavor
- Hard consistency with gritty texture from crystals
- Cut into wedges (rind is edible) or cubes on a cheeseboard
- Shaved or thinly sliced in salads
- Pairs best with crisp white wines, Spanish red wines and light beers
- Fun fact: This is Michelle's favorite cheese
- Store cheese in the fridge, bring to room temp for optimal eating; re-wrap in air-tight container or plastic wrap in the fridge for later consumption
- 4 and 8oz wedge sizes
We received a Silver at the 2023 California State Fair cheese competition for this cheese! Cabrillo Reserve, the extra-aged version of this cheese won Gold AND Best of California!